The Administrative Services Division consists of two main units with many specialized sub-units that provide service and support to the public and the rest of the Department. The two units are:
The operating hours for the Administrative Unit are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and can be reached by telephone at (530) 225 - 4292 or by fax at (530) 225 - 4568.
- Training Manager: Responsible for the training of all police officers and civilian personnel at the department.
- Updating our written policy and procedures based on new laws, new technology, or new services.
- Investigating all citizen complaints and claims for damages.
- Hiring of new personnel. This includes testing, interviewing, and completing background investigations, as well as conducting new employee orientation.
- The Neighborhood Watch program is designed to assist concerned citizens with organizing their particular neighborhood to be the eyes and ears of the police and work closely with police representatives.
- Involvement with Integrated Public Safety Systems. View Minutes & Agenda from the most recent meeting.
The operating hours for the Services Unit are Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm and can be reached by telephone at (530) 225 - 4200 or by fax at (530) 225 - 4553.
- Records Unit: This unit types and maintains all the reports generated by the other divisions.
- Telephone Response Unit: This unit handles calls for service that are past tense and don't require an officer to respond (or don't require an officer to respond in an immediate manner).
- Property Unit: The Property Unit maintains all found property and property held as evidence.
- Building and grounds maintenance.